8 Oct 2012

Idiomatic - You Are Not The Sun

Perjantaina tuli tsekattua vastikään debyyttilevynsä julkaissut Idiomatic livenä. Melodista poprockia soittava tamperelaispumppu yhdistää elementtejä, jotka ovat allekirjoittaneelle tuttuja vaikkapa Manboyn, Rödsögårdenin, Musen ja U2'n riveistä. Osa New Terrainin kappaleista menee itselleni hitusen liikaa perinteisen stadionrockin puolelle, osa taas osuu ja uppoaa lujaa. Ja se livemeininki - se toimii. Huh.

Keikkakuvatuksia taas jossain vaiheessa myöhemmin, nyt videota. You Are Not The Sun edustaa Idiomaticin rockeinta puolta, mutta koko lätty löytyy Spotikasta. Suosittelen tsekkaamaan ainakin I Don't Mindin, Body and Soulin sekä Neon Signs -slovarin. Mukavaa maanantaita!




Last Friday I checked out Idiomatic's live performance. The band plays melodic pop rock and has just released its debut album New Terrain, which partly reminds me of Manboy, Rödsögården, Muse and U2. Some of the songs are a bit too stadium-like for my taste, but some of them hit me hard. And on stage the band truly knows its stuff.

I'll put up some photos again later, but here's a video for you to enjoy. You Are Not The Sun is Idiomatic in its rockest, but the whole album can be found on Spotify. I recommend you listen at least to I Don't Mind, Body and Soul and the lovely slow Neon Signs. Have a nice Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say hello, we'll appreciate it!